Air-fried broccoli is a simple and healthy side dish that’s easy to prepare. Here’s a basic recipe for air fryer broccoli:
- 1 bunch of fresh broccoli
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: garlic powder, grated Parmesan cheese, or lemon zest for added flavor
- Preheat your air fryer to 375°F (190°C) for a few minutes.
- While the air fryer is preheating, wash and dry the broccoli thoroughly. Cut the broccoli into bite-sized florets. You can also trim and peel the broccoli stems and cut them into thin slices, as they are edible and nutritious.
- In a large bowl, toss the broccoli florets with olive oil until they are well coated. Season with salt and pepper. You can also add other seasonings like garlic powder, grated Parmesan cheese, or lemon zest for additional flavor.
- Place the seasoned broccoli florets in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Avoid overcrowding the basket, as this can affect the cooking process. If needed, cook the broccoli in batches.
- Air fry the broccoli at 375°F (190°C) for 10-12 minutes. Halfway through the cooking time, give the basket a shake or use tongs to flip the broccoli to ensure even cooking.
- Check the broccoli for doneness. It should be tender with slightly crispy edges. If it’s not done to your liking, you can add a few more minutes of cooking time, checking every couple of minutes.
- Once the broccoli is cooked to your desired level of crispiness, remove it from the air fryer and serve immediately.
Air-fried broccoli makes a fantastic side dish for many meals. It’s a great way to enjoy the flavors and nutrition of broccoli with a delightful crispy texture. You can also experiment with different seasonings or add a squeeze of lemon juice for extra zest.