Certainly! Here’s a simple recipe for making crispy air-fryer canned potatoes:
- 1 can of whole or sliced potatoes (about 15 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional toppings: grated Parmesan cheese, chopped fresh herbs (such as parsley or chives)
- Start by draining and rinsing the canned potatoes thoroughly to remove any excess starch.
- Pat the canned potatoes dry using paper towels to remove as much moisture as possible. This will help them crisp up in the air fryer.
- In a mixing bowl, toss the drained and dried potatoes with olive oil or spray them evenly with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Toss the potatoes again to ensure they are coated with the seasonings.
- Preheat your air fryer to 375°F (190°C) for a few minutes.
- Place the seasoned canned potatoes in the air fryer basket in a single layer, making sure not to overcrowd them. If your air fryer is small, you may need to cook them in batches.
- Air fry the potatoes at 375°F (190°C) for 15-20 minutes, shaking the basket or flipping the potatoes halfway through the cooking time. Cook until they are golden brown and crispy on the outside.
- If desired, sprinkle the air-fried canned potatoes with grated Parmesan cheese or chopped fresh herbs for extra flavor and garnish.
- Remove the crispy potatoes from the air fryer and serve them hot.
- Enjoy your air-fried canned potatoes as a delicious and easy side dish.
These air-fried canned potatoes make for a quick and convenient side dish with a crispy exterior and a soft interior. Customize them with your favorite seasonings and toppings to suit your taste.