Sure, here’s a basic air fryer frittata recipe that you can customize with your favorite ingredients. This recipe is for a classic spinach and cheese frittata, but feel free to experiment with different veggies, meats, or cheeses to create your own variations.
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped spinach (fresh or frozen, thawed and drained)
- 1/4 cup diced bell peppers
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or any cheese of your choice)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking spray or a little oil for greasing the air fryer basket
- Preheat your air fryer to 350°F (175°C) for a few minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs together until well beaten. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the chopped spinach, diced bell peppers, diced onions, and shredded cheese to the beaten eggs. Mix everything together.
- Grease the air fryer basket with cooking spray or a small amount of oil to prevent sticking.
- Pour the egg mixture into the greased air fryer basket.
- Cook the frittata in the preheated air fryer at 350°F (175°C) for 10-12 minutes. Check it after 8 minutes and adjust the cooking time as needed. The frittata is done when the edges are golden brown and the center is set. You can insert a toothpick or knife into the center, and if it comes out clean, the frittata is done.
- Carefully remove the frittata from the air fryer basket using a spatula or tongs. Be cautious, as it will be hot.
- Allow the frittata to cool for a few minutes, then slice it into wedges or squares and serve.
You can also experiment with different ingredients like diced ham, mushrooms, tomatoes, or herbs like basil or parsley to create your own unique air fryer frittata recipe. Just remember to adjust the cooking time as needed based on the ingredients you add and the size of your air fryer. Enjoy your delicious and easy air fryer frittata!