Certainly! Here’s a simple recipe for air-fried potatoes and onions:
- 4 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and diced into cubes
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking spray (for the air fryer basket)
- Preheat your Air Fryer: Preheat your air fryer to 380°F (190°C) for about 5 minutes.
- Prepare the Potatoes and Onions: In a large mixing bowl, combine the diced potatoes and thinly sliced onions. Drizzle the olive oil over them and then add the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Toss and Coat: Toss the potatoes and onions in the bowl until they are evenly coated with the olive oil and seasonings.
- Air Fry: Lightly grease the air fryer basket with cooking spray to prevent sticking. Spread the seasoned potatoes and onions in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Cook in Batches: Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to cook in batches to avoid overcrowding, which can result in uneven cooking. If necessary, divide the potatoes and onions into two batches.
- Air Fry the Potatoes and Onions: Cook the first batch in the preheated air fryer at 380°F (190°C) for 15-20 minutes, shaking the basket or tossing the contents halfway through. The potatoes should be crispy and golden brown when done. If needed, adjust the cooking time based on the crispiness you desire.
- Repeat for the Second Batch: If you have a second batch, repeat the air frying process.
- Serve: Once all the potatoes and onions are crispy and cooked to your liking, transfer them to a serving dish and serve hot.
- Optional Garnish: You can garnish with fresh chopped parsley or a sprinkle of grated parmesan cheese for extra flavor.
Enjoy your air-fried potatoes and onions as a delicious side dish or even as a snack. They should be crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.