Making quesadillas in an air fryer is a quick and convenient way to achieve a crispy, golden exterior and a melty, delicious filling. Here’s how to make air fryer quesadillas:
Air Fryer Quesadillas
- Flour tortillas
- Shredded cheese (e.g., cheddar, Monterey Jack, or your choice)
- Desired fillings (e.g., cooked chicken, sautéed vegetables, black beans, or cooked ground beef)
- Olive oil or cooking spray
- Optional toppings: sour cream, salsa, guacamole
- Prepare the Fillings:
- Ensure that any fillings you plan to use are cooked and ready. For example, if you’re including cooked chicken, make sure it’s shredded or diced. Sauté vegetables if using.
- Assemble the Quesadillas:
- Place a tortilla on a clean surface or a plate.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of shredded cheese on one half of the tortilla.
- Add your desired fillings on top of the cheese.
- Fold the other half of the tortilla over to create a half-moon shape.
- Preheat the Air Fryer:
- Preheat your air fryer to 350°F (175°C) for about 5 minutes.
- Prepare the Quesadillas for Air Frying:
- Lightly brush or spray the outer surface of the quesadillas with olive oil or cooking spray. This will help them become crispy and golden in the air fryer.
- Air Fry the Quesadillas:
- Place the prepared quesadillas in the air fryer basket. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to cook them in batches.
- Cook at 350°F (175°C) for 5-7 minutes, or until the quesadillas are golden brown and the cheese inside is fully melted. You can check on them periodically to ensure they don’t overcook.
- Slice and Serve:
- Remove the quesadillas from the air fryer, let them cool for a minute, and then slice them into wedges.
- Serve your air-fried quesadillas with your favorite toppings like sour cream, salsa, or guacamole.
Air fryer quesadillas are a quick and easy meal or snack, and they’re highly customizable to suit your taste. Enjoy!