Air frying steaks is a quick and convenient way to achieve a juicy and perfectly seared result. Here’s how to make air fryer steaks:
Air Fryer Steaks
- Steaks (ribeye, sirloin, New York strip, or your choice)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Optional seasonings (garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, or dried herbs)
- Optional steak sauce or marinade
- Prep the Steaks:
- Start by bringing the steaks to room temperature for about 20-30 minutes. This ensures even cooking.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C) for about 5 minutes.
- Season the Steaks:
- Brush or drizzle the steaks with a bit of olive oil on both sides. This helps with browning and flavor.
- Season the steaks generously with salt, pepper, and any optional seasonings you like. You can use garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, or dried herbs, for example.
- If you prefer, you can marinate the steaks in your favorite steak sauce or marinade for extra flavor. Make sure to pat them dry with a paper towel before air frying.
- Air Fry the Steaks:
- Place the seasoned steaks in the air fryer basket in a single layer, ensuring they are not overcrowded. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to cook them in batches.
- For medium-rare steaks (145°F or 63°C internal temperature), air fry for 8-10 minutes. For medium (160°F or 71°C), cook for 12-14 minutes. For well-done (170°F or 77°C), cook for 15-17 minutes. These times are approximate and can vary depending on steak thickness and your air fryer.
- Flip the Steaks:
- About halfway through the cooking time, flip the steaks to ensure even cooking.
- Rest the Steaks:
- Once the steaks reach your desired level of doneness, remove them from the air fryer and let them rest on a cutting board for a few minutes. This allows the juices to redistribute, resulting in a juicier steak.
- Slice and Serve:
- Slice the steaks against the grain and serve them hot. You can also drizzle any pan juices or sauce from the air fryer basket over the top for extra flavor.
Air fryer steaks are a quick and delicious way to enjoy a perfectly cooked steak at home. Adjust the cooking times to your preferred level of doneness and enjoy!