Certainly! Here’s a recipe for air fryer turkey legs:
- 2 turkey legs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary (optional)
- Prepare the Turkey Legs:
- Start by patting the turkey legs dry with paper towels to remove any excess moisture.
- Rub them with olive oil to help the seasoning adhere to the skin.
- Season the Turkey Legs:
- In a small bowl, mix together the salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, dried thyme, and dried rosemary (if using).
- Sprinkle the seasoning mixture over the turkey legs, making sure to coat them evenly. You can use your hands to massage the seasoning into the turkey legs for better flavor.
- Preheat the Air Fryer:
- Preheat your air fryer to 350°F (175°C) for a few minutes.
- Cook the Turkey Legs:
- Place the seasoned turkey legs in the preheated air fryer basket in a single layer. You may need to cook them in batches if your air fryer is not large enough to accommodate both legs without crowding.
- Cook the turkey legs at 350°F (175°C) for 20-25 minutes, flipping them halfway through the cooking time. This will help ensure even cooking and crispy skin.
- Check for Doneness:
- Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the turkey legs. They should reach an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C). Make sure to insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the meat without touching the bone.
- Once the turkey legs reach the desired temperature and have a crispy, golden skin, remove them from the air fryer.
- Rest and Enjoy:
- Allow the turkey legs to rest for a few minutes before serving. This will help the juices redistribute, ensuring a juicy and flavorful result.
Serve your air-fried turkey legs as a delicious and easy-to-make meal. They make for a fantastic main course for a variety of occasions.