Certainly! Here’s a recipe for zucchini fritters made in the air fryer:
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs (such as basil, parsley, or dill)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cooking spray or oil for greasing the air fryer basket
- Start by grating the zucchinis. Place the grated zucchini in a colander or sieve, sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of salt, and let it sit for about 10 minutes. This will help draw out excess moisture from the zucchini.
- After 10 minutes, use your hands to squeeze and press the grated zucchini to remove as much liquid as possible. You can also use a clean kitchen towel for this step.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the drained zucchini, grated Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, grated mozzarella cheese, chopped fresh herbs, minced garlic, beaten egg, and freshly ground black pepper. Mix well until all the ingredients are combined.
- Preheat your air fryer to 375°F (190°C) for a few minutes.
- Form the zucchini mixture into small patties or fritters. You can make them any size you prefer, but smaller fritters tend to cook more evenly.
- Lightly grease the air fryer basket with cooking spray or a small amount of oil to prevent sticking.
- Place the zucchini fritters in a single layer in the air fryer basket, leaving some space between them. You may need to cook them in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Air fry the fritters at 375°F (190°C) for 10-12 minutes, flipping them halfway through, or until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the cooked zucchini fritters from the air fryer and place them on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb any excess oil.
- Serve the air-fried zucchini fritters hot, optionally with a dipping sauce of your choice, such as tzatziki, marinara sauce, or a garlic aioli.
Enjoy your delicious and healthier air-fried zucchini fritters as a tasty snack or side dish!