Certainly! Here’s a recipe for crockpot pepper steak:
Crockpot Pepper Steak
- 2 pounds beef sirloin steak, thinly sliced into strips
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (adjust for spiciness)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Cooked white rice or noodles for serving
- Prepare the Crockpot:
- Place the sliced beef in the bottom of your crockpot.
- Prepare the Sauce:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the soy sauce, beef broth, 1/4 cup of water, sugar, salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and minced garlic. Mix until the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour the Sauce Over the Beef:
- Pour the sauce mixture over the beef in the crockpot.
- Add the Vegetables:
- Add the sliced onions and bell peppers to the crockpot.
- Cook in the Crockpot:
- Cover the crockpot and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until the beef is tender. You can also cook it on high for about 3-4 hours.
- Thicken the Sauce:
- About 30 minutes before serving, in a small bowl, mix the cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of cold water to create a slurry.
- Stir the slurry into the crockpot and let the sauce thicken for the remaining cooking time.
- Serve the crockpot pepper steak over cooked white rice or noodles. Spoon the delicious sauce, beef, and vegetables over the rice or noodles.
- Garnish (Optional):
- If desired, garnish with chopped green onions or sesame seeds.
Enjoy your crockpot pepper steak with a savory and flavorful sauce!