Garlic Butter Shrimp and Russet Potato Delight: A Savory Feast
If you’re on the hunt for a hearty and flavorful meal that’s easy to prepare, look no further than Garlic Butter Shrimp and Russet Potatoes. This combination of succulent shrimp and tender, seasoned potatoes cooked to perfection in a rich garlic butter sauce will tantalize your taste buds. In this article, we’ll guide you through the simple steps to create this mouthwatering dish.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Before we embark on our culinary journey, gather these essential ingredients:
- 1 pound of large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-sized cubes
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
1. Prep the Potatoes
- Begin by peeling the russet potatoes and cutting them into bite-sized cubes.
- Place the potato cubes in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Season with dried thyme, dried rosemary, salt, and black pepper. Toss the potatoes to ensure they are evenly coated with the seasoning.
2. Air Fry the Potatoes
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C) for about 5 minutes.
- Arrange the seasoned potato cubes in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Cook for 15-20 minutes, shaking the basket or tossing the potatoes halfway through, until they are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Keep them warm.
3. Prepare the Garlic Butter Shrimp
- While the potatoes are air frying, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the unsalted butter and minced garlic. Sauté the garlic until it becomes fragrant and slightly golden.
- Add the peeled and deveined shrimp to the skillet. Season with a pinch of salt and black pepper. Sauté the shrimp for 2-3 minutes on each side until they turn pink and opaque.
4. Combine the Potato and Shrimp
- Once the shrimp are cooked, add the air-fried potato cubes to the skillet with the shrimp and garlic butter sauce. Gently toss everything together to coat the potatoes and shrimp with the savory garlic butter.
- Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
5. Garnish and Serve
- Transfer your Garlic Butter Shrimp and Russet Potato delight to serving plates.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired, for a pop of color and added flavor.
- Serve immediately and savor the mouthwatering combination of flavors and textures!
Tips for a Perfect Dish
- Customize the seasoning to your taste. You can add a dash of paprika, red pepper flakes, or a squeeze of lemon juice for extra flavor.
- Don’t overcook the shrimp; they should be tender and juicy. Overcooked shrimp can become tough.
- For an extra indulgent touch, sprinkle some grated Parmesan cheese over the finished dish.
Garlic Butter Shrimp and Russet Potatoes make for a satisfying meal that’s perfect for any occasion. With the richness of buttery garlic sauce and the comforting warmth of seasoned potatoes, it’s a dish that will have you coming back for seconds. Enjoy this delightful feast!