Air Fryer Masala Chicken: Flavorful and Healthy Delight
Indulge in the rich and aromatic flavors of Air Fryer Masala Chicken, a delicious and healthy dish that’s perfect for anyone who loves Indian cuisine. In this article, we’ll guide you through the simple steps to create this mouthwatering and spice-infused chicken using your air fryer.
Ingredients You’ll Need
To make Air Fryer Masala Chicken, you’ll need:
For the Marinade:
- 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken pieces (thighs or breasts)
- 1/2 cup of yogurt (Greek yogurt or plain yogurt)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece of ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon of garam masala
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika (for color and mild spice)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Juice from 1 lemon
For the Garnish:
- Fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- Lemon wedges
1. Prepare the Marinade
- In a bowl, combine yogurt, olive oil, minced garlic, grated ginger, garam masala, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, paprika, salt, black pepper, and lemon juice. Mix well to create a smooth and fragrant marinade.
- Add the boneless chicken pieces to the marinade, ensuring they are well-coated. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, allowing the flavors to infuse into the chicken.
2. Preheat the Air Fryer
- Preheat your air fryer to 375°F (190°C) for about 5 minutes. Preheating ensures even cooking and a crisp exterior.
3. Air Fry the Chicken
- Once the air fryer is preheated, remove the marinated chicken from the refrigerator.
- Place the chicken pieces in a single layer in the air fryer basket, making sure they are not overcrowded. You may need to cook them in batches if necessary.
- Air fry the chicken at 375°F (190°C) for 15-20 minutes, flipping them halfway through. The chicken should be golden brown and cooked through with an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
4. Garnish and Serve
- Once the chicken is done, remove it from the air fryer and let it rest for a few minutes.
- Garnish your Air Fryer Masala Chicken with freshly chopped cilantro leaves and serve it hot with lemon wedges for an extra burst of flavor.
Tips for Perfect Masala Chicken
- Adjust the level of spice to your preference by adding more or less paprika or a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Feel free to use bone-in chicken pieces if you prefer. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- Serve your masala chicken with naan, rice, or a fresh salad for a complete and satisfying meal.
Air Fryer Masala Chicken is a delightful way to enjoy the bold flavors of Indian cuisine with a healthier twist. Whether you’re cooking it for a family dinner or a special occasion, this dish will impress your taste buds with its aromatic and spicy goodness. Enjoy!