Air Fryer Baked Potatoes: Crispy on the Outside, Fluffy on the Inside
Air Fryer Baked Potatoes are the perfect side dish or even a satisfying meal on their own. This method of cooking delivers a crispy and flavorful potato skin while maintaining a fluffy and tender interior. Whether you’re looking for a quick dinner option or a versatile side dish, these air fryer baked potatoes are sure to be a hit. Let’s dive into making this crispy and delicious treat!
Before we begin, let’s gather the essential ingredients you’ll need for Air Fryer Baked Potatoes:
- 4 medium russet potatoes (or as many as needed)
- Olive oil (for coating)
- Salt and black pepper (to taste)
- Toppings of your choice (e.g., butter, sour cream, cheddar cheese, chives, bacon bits)
1. Prepare the Potatoes
- Wash and scrub the potatoes thoroughly to remove any dirt.
- Pat the potatoes dry with a clean kitchen towel.
2. Prick the Potatoes
- Using a fork, prick each potato several times on all sides. This allows steam to escape during cooking and prevents the potatoes from bursting.
3. Coat with Olive Oil
- Lightly coat each potato with olive oil. You can do this by drizzling a small amount of olive oil over each potato and using your hands to rub it evenly on the skin.
- Season the potatoes with salt and black pepper to taste.
4. Preheat Your Air Fryer
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C) for about 5 minutes. This ensures that it’s hot and ready for cooking your potatoes.
5. Air Fry the Potatoes
- Place the prepared potatoes in the air fryer basket in a single layer, making sure they are not overlapping. You may need to cook them in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Air fry the potatoes at 400°F (200°C) for 35-45 minutes, depending on the size and thickness of the potatoes. Flip them halfway through the cooking time to ensure even cooking.
- The potatoes are done when the skin is crispy and the inside is tender. You can check for doneness by inserting a fork or knife into the center; it should slide in easily.
6. Serve and Garnish
- Once the Air Fryer Baked Potatoes are done, carefully remove them from the air fryer and place them on a cutting board.
- Slice each potato lengthwise and fluff the insides with a fork.
- Add your favorite toppings, such as butter, sour cream, cheddar cheese, chives, or bacon bits.
7. Enjoy Your Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Serve the crispy and delicious baked potatoes immediately as a side dish or a satisfying meal on their own.
- Customize your potatoes with your preferred toppings and savor the delightful combination of crispy skin and fluffy insides.
Air Fryer Baked Potatoes are a quick and convenient way to enjoy this classic comfort food with a crispy twist. Whether you enjoy them as a side dish or load them up with your favorite toppings for a full meal, these potatoes are sure to be a hit. Enjoy the crispy-on-the-outside, fluffy-on-the-inside goodness of air fryer baked potatoes!