Baked Cajun Catfish: A Flavorful Southern Delight
Baked Cajun Catfish is a mouthwatering Southern dish that’s big on flavor and low on effort. This recipe features catfish fillets seasoned with a zesty Cajun spice blend and baked to perfection. Whether you’re a seafood lover or looking to explore Southern cuisine, this dish will satisfy your taste buds. Let’s dive into creating this flavorful treat.
Before we begin, let’s gather the essential ingredients you’ll need for Baked Cajun Catfish:
- 4 catfish fillets (about 6-8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning (store-bought or homemade)
- 1/4 cup melted butter or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges and fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat Your Oven
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). This will ensure even cooking and a deliciously crispy exterior for the catfish.
2. Prepare the Cajun Seasoning
- In a small bowl, combine the Cajun seasoning, paprika, dried thyme, minced garlic, salt, and black pepper. Mix well to create your Cajun spice blend.
3. Season the Catfish
- Pat the catfish fillets dry with paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Brush both sides of each fillet with melted butter or olive oil.
- Sprinkle the Cajun spice blend evenly over both sides of the catfish fillets. Make sure they are well coated for maximum flavor.
4. Bake the Catfish
- Place the seasoned catfish fillets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a lightly greased baking dish.
- Drizzle fresh lemon juice evenly over the fillets for a zesty kick.
- Bake the catfish in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork and has a golden-brown crust.
- You can also switch the oven to the broil setting for the last 2-3 minutes to achieve an extra crispy top.
5. Garnish and Serve
- Once the Baked Cajun Catfish is cooked to perfection, remove it from the oven.
- Garnish the catfish with fresh parsley and lemon wedges, if desired, for a burst of freshness and color.
- Serve the catfish fillets hot with your favorite sides, such as steamed vegetables, coleslaw, or rice.
Baked Cajun Catfish is a delightful Southern dish that’s not only flavorful but also incredibly easy to prepare. The Cajun spice blend adds a kick of heat and a burst of aromatic spices that pair perfectly with the tender catfish fillets.
So, preheat your oven, season those catfish fillets with Cajun goodness, and get ready to savor a batch of Baked Cajun Catfish. Whether it’s a weeknight dinner or a weekend indulgence, it’s sure to be a hit. Enjoy the flavorful delight of Southern cuisine!