Certainly! Here’s a basic recipe for making classic French crepes:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Additional butter or oil for coating the pan
- In a blender, combine the flour, eggs, milk, water, salt, and melted butter. Blend until the batter is smooth. You can also whisk the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Allow the batter to rest for at least 30 minutes. This allows the flour to absorb the liquids and results in a smoother batter.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or crepe pan over medium heat. Add a small amount of butter or oil to coat the surface.
- Pour a small amount of batter into the center of the pan, swirling it around to spread it thinly and evenly.
- Cook the crepe for about 1-2 minutes, until the edges start to lift and the bottom is lightly browned. Use a spatula to flip the crepe and cook the other side for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the crepe from the pan and repeat the process with the remaining batter. You can stack the cooked crepes on a plate as you go.
- Serve the crepes with your favorite toppings, such as Nutella, fresh fruit, whipped cream, or a sprinkle of powdered sugar.
Feel free to get creative with your crepe fillings and toppings. Savory options like ham and cheese or spinach and feta are also delicious. Enjoy your homemade crepes!